LANSING, MI, January 2, 2013--Catholics and many others around the country have lost a bit of faith, hope, and joy after this year's election. To chart a new course for Catholics, Ave Maria Radio will sponsor a day long conference Saturday, January 12 in Michigan called "Catholic Witness In A Nation Divided."
"The focus will be ecclesial, that is church focused not politically focused... If the Church and its membership and its teachers truly applied the Church's teachings on the life issues, defining marriage, religious freedom and immigration what would our church look like? We can best serve this nation by building the Church. Build the Church - Bless the Nation."
-- Al Kresta,
Ave Maria Communications,
- Opening Address: Deal Hudson, past president Catholic Advocate and Morley Publications
- Pro-Life Witness: Fr. Frank Pavone, Priests for Life
- Redefining Marriage: William B. May, Catholics for the Common Good
- Religious Liberty: Gerard V. Bradley, Professor Consitutional Law, Notre Dame University
- Immigration: Kevin Appleby, Director of Migration Policy and Public Affairs, USCCB
Panelists include: Fr. Robert Sirico, Teresa Tomeo, Dr. Monica Miller, Dr. Gregory Popcak, Dick Thompson, David Grobbel, and Rob Muise.
Saturday, January 12 from 9-5
Grand Ballroom of the Student Center
Eastern Michigan University
Tickets are $40. Lunch and parking will be provided.
For more information and to buy tickets go to http://www.avemariaradio.net or call Kathy at 734-358-9876.