Catholics for the Common Good Institute is a lay apostolate for the evangelization of culture working for a more just society.
- Support and encourage Catholics, through spiritual growth and a deeper understanding of the teachings of the Catholic Church, to social and civic participation that transforms our culture.
- Develop exemplary Catholic citizens who form their conscience and base their actions on the principles of Catholic teachings, rising above loyalty to a political party or ideology.
- Mobilize citizens to influence public policy on concerns for life, family, freedom, and social conditions where the Church’s teachings are so clear that informed Catholics are unlikely to disagree.
Exemplary Catholic Citizen
The Catholics for the Common Good Institute shall encourage members to strive for exemplary Catholic citizenship defined as a person who:
- Understands the value and dignity of the Human Person, clearly and completely
- Takes action in the Public Square for the Common Good based on faith and charity
- Places the principles of Catholic social teaching above loyalty to a political party or ideology (“Catholic First”)
- Explains key principles of the social teachings to family and friends
Mission of the Marriage Reality Movement
Sponsored by Catholics for the Common Good Institute
Promote the centrality and integrity of marriage for children and society, particularly:
- Boldly reintroduce marriage to society as the institution that not only unites a man and woman with each other but with ANY children born from their union (the totality and fullness of marriage).
- Seek the recognition by the state of the reality of marriage that creates the only civil institution that unites children with their moms and dads.
- Stand with the right of children, as far as possible, to be born into a family with their mothers and fathers united in marriage.
- Raise public consciousness of the injustice and human rights violation of conceiving children with the intention of depriving them of knowing and loving their mother, father or both (as in the case of donor conception).
- Reintroduce love and it relationship to sexuality (Sexual morality based on love rather than a moral code).